Partner Visas

Stojanovic & Associates - Partner Visa

What’s the Difference Between a Partner Visa and a Marriage Visa?

A marriage prospective visa is a fiance visa. This means you get engaged and when your overseas partner obtains their marriage prospective visa they can come to Australia and within 9 months if everything is ok you can marry and apply for a partner visa.

There is a defacto grant and there is a marriage grant.
If you apply for a partner visa there are two categories you can apply for:

Both have the same requirement and criteria with the only difference being if you apply under marriage grounds you need to show a valid marriage certificate whereas with the defacto you need to show 12 months of bills and other evidence that you have been living together prior to your application, or you have a registered your defactos relationship certificate.

Find out more here or call us today to discuss 03 8732 9781